[ltp] Bootable usb for bios upgrades

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:24:59 +0200

On lun, 2009-04-13 at 13:48 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I tested it on my T61 and it seems to work (though my bios is already up
> to date so it didn't upgrade in the end, but at least it did make the
> checks).

As there was a bios upgrade for my T61, I had a chance to test the
upgrade procedure, and it didn't work. The key boots fine, runs the
upgrade exe, but when confirming, nothing happens, the upgrade isn't
run. I tried to let it few minutes, but still nothing, so I shut the
thinkpad down and booted it. It booted fine (ouf) but is still at the
previous bios version.

Too bad,
--
Yves-Alexis