[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.23-20090606 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Sat, 6 Jun 2009 13:52:21 -0300

I have released version 0.23-20090606 of thinkpad-acpi through
the sourceforge.net release system.

Patches are available for 2.6.27, 2.6.28, 2.6.29 and 2.6.30-rc at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117042&package_id=230205

git users can get it directly from tags in:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git

This release has some boring (but important) stuff, like silencing
warnings.  It has also two nice features:

1. LEDs that are not available in a ThinkPad are not registered in sysfs
anymore (and I welcome reports to add more models to the LED table).

2. The tachometer for the secondary fan on the X60/X61 is supported.

I'd really like people to test and report how well it works, since I
want to have all this functionality submitted to the upcoming 2.6.31
kernel.

Shortlog:
      thinkpad-acpi: store fw version with strict checking
      thinkpad-acpi: add quirklist engine
      thinkpad-acpi: fix BEEP ACPI handler warnings
      thinkpad-acpi: enhance led support
      thinkpad-acpi: silence bogus warning when ACPI video is disabled
      thinkpad-acpi: forbid the use of HBRV on Lenovo ThinkPads
      thinkpad-acpi: support the second fan on the X61

I am now working on integrating and testing the ALSA mixer patches.

  Henrique Holschuh