[ltp] SLED 10.2 on T61

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:45:11 +0200

Am Sonntag, 7. Juni 2009 09:44:23 schrieb Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza:
> Hi Sam,
> I'd say SLED 10.2 is quite outdated whith regard to such issues as
> suspend/resume etc.
> Any good reason to stay with SLED 10.2? Why not opensuse 11.1 as this is
> the current release and - after actualizing kde4 - very satisfying (IMHO,
> as always).
> Take care

I agree, if you don't need the SLE11 support, just use 11.1, pretty nice
release.
Also KDE4.2.4 does run great on opensuse, no reason to stick to 4.1.3, there
is a nice (unofficial) livecd
here:http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Medias/images/iso/
it contains updates until the latest builddate, like one week ago, and ships
with 4.2.4.

Karsten