[ltp] What does blinking CapsLk light means...

Patrick Wiseman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:21:43 -0400

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:57 AM, Petar Milin<pmilin@ff.uns.ac.rs> wrote:
> Hello ALL!
> Recently, I have reported some instabilities on my T61 running
> Debian/testing, both here and on Debian user forum. Now, I am experiencing
> something new: blinking CapsLk light. It starts to blink, and everything is
> frozen. Then, I need to press and hold power-button to turn off my laptop,
> and then, after few seconds, to turn it on.
> I do not know what does this means, but it looks a bit frightening.
> Please, help! Is this dangerous?!?

Are you using Network Manager?  Several people on the debian user list
have reported the same phenomenon, and traced it to that package
(including me).  I have lately not had the trouble on my testing
system, so perhaps it's been sorted out.  Others moved to wicd as an
alternative and have found it completely stable.

Patrick