[ltp] OT: x60 keyboard

Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:44:06 +0100

Dear All,

I've just acquired a 2nd hand "new old stock" X60. It all looks great,
(hasn't been Linuxed yet - still waiting for the SSD to arrive), but the
keyboard seems mechanically a bit loose.

All the keys themselves feel just fine, but when I press the top area
(about between the thinkvantage button and power button), there is a
substantial amount of play, and it feels as though there is a broken
support.

I'm not sure whether it's just a design issue, or whether I've got a
dodgy one - I followed the Hardware manual to remove and reseat the kbd,
and I can't see any damage.

Any other X60 owner able to comment on what is normal?

Thanks,

Richard