[ltp] Survey: Your Ideal Business Laptop

Nils Faerber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:36:21 +0200

While I like self initiatives I have to question the outcome.
So, do you have any concrete indication from Lenovo that they will
listen to the results of such a survey?

If yes, then it should be mentioned here.
If not, sorry, this is pretty much a waste of time unless you are simply
interested in the results but not as a measure to convince a
multi-billion $ company like Lenovo - concerning those companies I think
the only thing they really care about is # of sales and $ revenue made
within a certain timeframe. A long term loss of customers is almost not
recognised as well as a loss of reputation - pitily. My recent
experience with Lenovo compared to former IBM days is not really good,
you can kind of feel the cheap asian way of doing things creeping into
devices once been the the best quality you could buy. In the IBM days I
would have blindly recommended a Thinkpad because of its superior
quality. Today I would not do so anymore - though in many cases I would
still recommend Thinkpads but this is only because they are the better
out of bad. I sincerely hope that the Thinkpad sales have dropped for
Lenovo and that they now recognise that former (long term) IBM Thinkpad
customers turn away. Hopefully they learn from it and strengthen their
QA team again.

Cheers
  nils

Frank Myhr schrieb:
> http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=IONKF_a68057ef
>

> Hi,
>
> Please take the survey at the above link when you can spare a couple of
> minutes.
>
> The main motivation for the survey is to convince Lenovo to build at
> least some ThinkPads with better screens (like IPS or PVA).
> http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75483
>
> The survey also includes questions about which features are important to
> you in a business-class laptop. So I encourage you to take it even if
> you don't care about premium screen options for your next ThinkPad.
>
> Thanks for your help! :)
>
> Updated Survey Results are kept here:
> http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_General&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=4890#M4890

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de