[ltp] T61 Keyboard

Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:55:58 +0300

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 08:05:49PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> The cat decided to lie next to my T61. When I shooed him away his claw
> ripped the F3 keycap off. I have the keycap, but cannot get it back on
> securely as it was before.=20
>=20
> Luckily F3 is not often required, but I'd like to fix it. Has this
> happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Assuming none of the plastic has broken off (which it shouldn't have;
"use a little force" is how you take the keycaps off) it should be
simple.  Put the keycap back on and press it down firmly until you hear
a click.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I've been in the sun for a week.  I took the bold step of leaving my
laptop at home.  I found only 4K messages pending when I returned.
        -- Keith Packard

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk--