[ltp] Batteries for T23 and T43 (from China?)

Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:15:52 -0400

---- Timothy Murphy <gayleard@eircom.net> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can recommend a source for Thinkpad batteries,
> probably from Chna?
>
> I read a recent recommendation, I think from RayBay:
> "we have had superb luck over the past two years
> with an eBay seller named Battery Monsters..."
>
> Unfortunately, I have not been able to find this seller on eBay.
>
> Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College Dublin
>
> --

I have had !!! very !!!! poor luck with TP batteries off of ebay.
Be very careful about the warranty claims!
One seller with a ebay name of just three letters makes you pay
the return shipping when you receive a DOA battery.
When I finally did get one that would "work" the capacity was about
half of what it should be and it lasted ( light usage ) for ten months.
The warranty was for a year, pro rated.
IMHO, the cells from China are crap and the good cells.. Panasonic
and Samsung are only available to OEMs.
This just about makes me barf when you hear the "we tell you what they
want us to tell you" idiots on TV talk about the electric auto revolution.
If you do manage to find an even halfway good replacement, please let us know.