[ltp] SL300 [Fn 7] doesn't work with Intel Driver

Alexandre Rostovtsev linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:41:56 -0400

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Armel Kermorvant
<armel.kermorvant@orange.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your help, but I have the same issue.
> When I press [Fn] [F7] I see 0.5 seconds a effect on my laptop. But the e=
xternal screen never switch.
> I'm sure the Intel driver didn't switch on the VGA output.
> Do you have a sp=C3=A9cial line option in your Xorg.conf ?
> If you need some file from my side, please contact me.
>
> Cordialement
>
> Armel

I apologize for the delayed reply.

If you see a blink effect from Fn+F7, it means that
gnome-settings-daemon received the key event and is trying to switch
the screen. Try the following command:

xrandr --output VGA1 --auto

If that doesn't turn on the external screen, there is probably a bug
in your version of intel driver or X server.

-Alex