[ltp] Fedora 11 breaks too many things on my X40

Christos Papadopoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:34:30 -0600

Following up to my own post: the solution was to disable modesetting in
the kernel.

In /boot/grub/grub.conf:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i586 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet hpet=force nomodeset

BTW, the sd slot works fine on my X40. Looks like F11 might be usable
for me after all.

Christos.