[ltp] Fedora-11 on T23 - very slow

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:09:35 -0500

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I installed Fedora-11 on my newly acquired Thinkpad T23
> by burning the Fedora-netinst ISO to a CD, and running this.

I have it running on my 600X and do not have the problems you listed.

The symptoms make me think hardware, except that it appears to be
stable... just really slow.

I'd suggest you run PC Doctor and do hardware and thorough memory tests.

> My first try failed because the formatting on a partition
> continued for 2 or more hours before I interrupted it,
> with the dreadful Anaconda yo-yo going backwards and forwards.

That sounds really bad. If it were mine, I would remove all partitions
and let it try again. If that fails, and you are open to the option, you
might try installing from CD. Only CD's 1 and 2 are needed if you don't
install any optional software.

Chris