[ltp] Problem with Interl Pro/100 VE

Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:54:04 +0300

--veXX9dWIonWZEC6h

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 12:13:43AM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> When I left click on the NM icon, I am offered "Auto eth0" and "System et=
h0".
> What exactly is the difference between these?

One is automatic (DHCP) configuration.  The other is whatever you've
configured using your distro's tools (in other words, whatever the
network config files in /etc/sysconfig/ say, on Fedora).

> I wonder if anyone has a T23 with the Intel Pro/100 controller,
> and has had better luck than me?

Before my T23 died a few years ago, wired network worked fine, but
Network Manager didn't exist.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Every nonzero finite dimensional inner product space has an orthonormal bas=
is.

It makes sense, when you don't think about it.

--veXX9dWIonWZEC6h

--veXX9dWIonWZEC6h--