[ltp] Summary: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Roman Haefeli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:25:46 +0100

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 19:16 +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 00:13:27 -0500 (EST)
> Ajai Khattri <ajai@bitblit.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Adrian Walker wrote:
> >
> > > I have had a Thnkpad X60s for a couple of years now, running Linux Red Hat
> > > Fedora 6.  Most satisfactory with Linux.  About 8 hours with the battery
> > > that clips on the back.
> >
> > Why does everyone keep mentioning ThinkPads? They are NOT netbooks.
> > Compared to a netbook, the ThinkPads are heavy, clunky and ugly.
> >

> Maybe because this is a thinkpad mailing list?
>
> and the x200 is not much bigger and heavier (1.3 kg) and it is much stronger.
> And yes, thinkpads are not known for their beauty. If that is what you are
> looking for go got the macbook air. That has a nice design ...

their clear and generic design was one of the reason to go for a
thinkpad. i actually find them nice. not that this is special news, but
it well applies for thinkpads: you cannot argue about taste.

roman