[ltp] Strange problem with Brightness, R61i

umesh b linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:17:21 +0530

--001636416b432de76d04641c5a81

Hi All,

I am using Kernel 2.6.28. I am facing a problem where, when on Battery power
even when i have reduced Brightness through the Fn+PgDwn keys - after a
periodic amount(around 5 mins) of time the Brightness comes back to Full up.
I have to manually bring that down again. I have two queries.

1)Which options i can set in Kernel Build to a ACPI debug(if it is an ACPI
issue)?
2)Which logs to check for the debug messages?

Pleas reply if more info is required for this issue.

I am using debian Lenny.

Regards,
Umesh

--001636416b432de76d04641c5a81

Hi All,<br><br>I am using Kernel 2.6.28. I am facing a problem where, when =
on Battery power even when i have reduced Brightness through the Fn+PgDwn k=
eys - after a periodic amount(around 5 mins) of time the Brightness comes b=
ack to Full up. I have to manually bring that down again. I have two querie=
s.<br>
eply if more info is required for this issue.<br><br>I am using debian Lenn=
y.<br>

--001636416b432de76d04641c5a81--