[ltp] Re: slow wireless lan connection

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 02 Mar 2009 06:18:15 -0800

James Knott wrote:
> Tim Prince wrote:
>> Christoph Bier wrote:

>>> dmesg says I have a 5300AGN (not ABGN).
>>>

>> The same, but with no B driver support?
>>
> G includes B, so there's no need to list B separately.

Not to the extent that I can use a B access point without driver support.
   But that's no longer a problem in California; it was a problem in
Korea.   Last week, I found a public G access point which didn't allow me
to use my employer's Windows VPN until I brought up linux Opera and
entered my credentials.  Opera is more Microsoft-compatible than IE nowadays.