[ltp] Using an external projector with t61 - mirror output

Pablo Vera linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:01:54 -0600

--------------070003040805020404060300

Have you tried using the /nvidia-settings/ utility ?, it comes with the
driver.  I have a T61 with ubuntu, and using this utility, I have been
able to manage external monitors and projectors.

Pablo

Micha Feigin wrote:
> I was trying to use an external projector with my t61 (debian + xfce + nvidia
> drivers from their site 180.29).
>
> Problem is that I couldn't get the laptop and the projector to agree on a
> resolution since the external monitor is 4:3 (1024x768) and the internal
> monitor doesn't seem to want to do that.
>
> It's very auckward giving a presentation like this since I need to keep looking
> at the screen behind me instead of the machine in front of me. Is there any way
> to get the t61 with nvidia to mirror the external screen at 1024x768?
>
> (couldn't even get a dual screen to work since the presentation insisted of
> going to full screen on the internal monitor)
>
> Thanks

--------------070003040805020404060300

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Have you tried using the <i>nvidia-settings</i> utility ?, it comes
with the driver.&nbsp; I have a T61 with ubuntu, and using this utility, I
have been able to manage external monitors and projectors.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">Pablo
</pre>
Micha Feigin wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">I was trying to use an external projector with my t61 (debian + xfce + nvidia