[ltp] Using an external projector with t61 - mirror output

Martin Aumueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:27:13 +0100

--Boundary-00=_B5TrJCOcCc1Gel+

I got that to work on my 14" T61p (1400x1050) by:
- adding the line
       option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/t61p-edid-augmented.bin"
  to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the "Device" section
- and by putting the attached file into the specified location

I found a tip on how to do that on some ubuntu web page, if I remember
correctly. This custom EDID file adds the 1024x768 mode to the list of
supported modes.

Regards,
Martin

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 13:29:24 Micha Feigin wrote:
> I was trying to use an external projector with my t61 (debian + xfce +
> nvidia drivers from their site 180.29).
>
> Problem is that I couldn't get the laptop and the projector to agree on a
> resolution since the external monitor is 4:3 (1024x768) and the internal
> monitor doesn't seem to want to do that.
>
> It's very auckward giving a presentation like this since I need to keep
> looking at the screen behind me instead of the machine in front of me. Is
> there any way to get the t61 with nvidia to mirror the external screen at
> 1024x768?
>
> (couldn't even get a dual screen to work since the presentation insisted of
> going to full screen on the internal monitor)
>
> Thanks

--Boundary-00=_B5TrJCOcCc1Gel+

AP///////wAwriJAAAAAAAAPAQOAHRV46i0Fl1dRiicjUFQACAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBMCp4
IFEaEEAwcBMAHtYQAAAZJSN4IFEaEEAwcBMAHtYQAAAZAAAADwCQQzKQQygPAQBMo1A0AAAA/gBM
VE4xNDFQNC1MMDIKADk=

--Boundary-00=_B5TrJCOcCc1Gel+--