[ltp] X200 ... opinions

Glenn Becker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:57:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all,

I am eager to upgrade from my 8 year old lappie and have cast interested
eyes on the X200 ThinkPad. I'd be interested in reading about
experience(s) getting Linux running thereon.

FWIW my current laptop is running Slackware and Debian GNU/Linux, WinXP
(bleah), OpenBSD, and Plan9. It'd be nice to be able to get all of these
set up on a new machine but as I am a bit of an OS dilettante/hobbyist I
guess it isn't really ... a dealbreaker if I can't. ;^)

If this model and its issues have been covered already, I'd appreciate a
pointer to the relevant threads. Thanks a bunch!

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn Becker - burningc@sdf.lonestar.org