[ltp] X200 ... opinions

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:59:18 +0100

--L1c6L/cjZjI9d0Eq

Glenn Becker:
>=20
> I am eager to upgrade from my 8 year old lappie and have cast interested =
=20
> eyes on the X200 ThinkPad. I'd be interested in reading about =20
> experience(s) getting Linux running thereon.

Debian sid runs fine on my X200. I just read I had to install X.Org from
experimental which I did. Everything is working smoothly, including
wifi, cpu stepping, LAN, sound, suspend and hibernate. The only thing I
didn't try is the modem. It probably helps to run a recent kernel,
though.

Of course, there are a few pages on thinkwiki.org about the X200. This
is where I read everything I needed.

J.
--=20
The news at ten makes me peevish but animal hospital makes me cry.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--L1c6L/cjZjI9d0Eq

--L1c6L/cjZjI9d0Eq--