[ltp] X200 ... opinions

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:32:59 +0100

X200 and X200s come with both common LCDs and with LED lit LCDs.

I have to say, I have serious problems with my LED lit display: I got my
machine in the beginning of January, and the display broke today for the
3rd ("third") time. The 2nd repair was last tuesday, and this morning,
it broke again.

I think it has something to do with a bad power-related part on the
motherboard, but I cannot tell.

Anyway, LED-LCDs are supposed to consume less power. Due to my above
mentioned problems, I had a replacement machine for a week, and X200,
and it used in average 1W more than my X200s (iff it runs..).

I have no SSD but there was an earlier and very informative discussion
on this email list on this topic.

I run 64-bit linux on my laptop and use the full 4gig.

best,
VOlker