[ltp] Re: X200 ... opinions

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:18:48 +0100

Glenn Becker schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I am eager to upgrade from my 8 year old lappie and have cast interested
> eyes on the X200 ThinkPad. I'd be interested in reading about
> experience(s) getting Linux running thereon.
>
> FWIW my current laptop is running Slackware and Debian GNU/Linux, WinXP
> (bleah), OpenBSD, and Plan9. It'd be nice to be able to get all of these
> set up on a new machine but as I am a bit of an OS dilettante/hobbyist I
> guess it isn't really ... a dealbreaker if I can't. ;^)
>
> If this model and its issues have been covered already, I'd appreciate a
> pointer to the relevant threads. Thanks a bunch!

Search the list's archive for X200, there were several threads in the
last months (especially on power saving) and consult ThinkWiki[1]. I run
Ubuntu 8.10 on my X200s and I'm very happy except for one thing: The fan
is constantly running at at least 2300 RPM.

Best
Christoph

[1] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
--