[ltp] tp_smapi, battery and T400

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:59:42 +0100

On ven, 2009-03-06 at 16:37 +0200, Anton Katsarov wrote:

> > That's the purpose of start_charg_tresh :)
>
> Thanks for the replay. So what is the difference if discharging to 30%
> and if start charging any time I plug it? What is the point of
> discharging to exact tresh? How it is configured on your computers?

I'm not sure I get you. My config is basically start=35 stop=75,
something like that. And I tune it when I need full battery charge.

Start treshold is the value under which the battery will start charging.
Stop treshold is the value over which the battery will stop charging.

What do you think they're used to?

> > You can temporarily change the start/stop tresh and set them back after
> > the charge.
>
> That works form me. But bad for other users. Not everyone can to echo to
> some files in order to control her battery charge.

That's something an user interface (gnome-power-manager,
xfce4-power-manager or whatever smapi frontend) could do (through hal,
maybe), I guess.
--
Yves-Alexis