[ltp] Re: What are people using for Dock/Undocking scripts for their X60/61's?

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 Mar 2009 09:28:18 +0100

Theodore Tso wrote:
> the problem is that right after you push the
> button, it disconnects the hard drive right away.

That is, pressing the undock button causes immediate (electronic)
disconnection.  And this causes an immediate hang in the kernel.

Assuming we want undocking to be as effortless as possible there
are two solutions.

1. Change Linux so that it does not hang when the Ultrabay Slim
drive disappears without warning.

or

2. Avoid using the "undock" button on the UltraBase; instead hook
a hotkey such as Fn-F9 to do something like:

    echo 1 >  /sys/class/scsi_device/1:0:0:0/device/delete
    echo eject > /proc/acpi/ibm/bay
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/dock.0/undock

Correct?
--
Thomas