[ltp] Replacing the backlight of the thinkpad LCD

cupaxe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 12:17:41 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I finally got a chance to detach the LCD screen from the main unit.
But I am clueless how to proceed. I would appreciate if any of you
could give me some hints on what I should do next. I also don't have
the right tools to proceed. Can I buy something at a Radioshack or
someplace that would be useful to open the tiny screws on the panel?

I have uploaded the panel picture to give you an idea of where I am at-
http://tinyurl.com/cghwsp

Thanks,
Krishna

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wr=
ote:
> cupaxe wrote:
>>
>> Hello Richard,
>>
>> Yes, the display goes off in a matter of seconds rather than minutes.
>> Thanks for the link. I will try to be very careful. There are so many
>> options for CCFL for a T42p 15" on ebay. They all don't mention
>> anything but that they are compatible with the T42p and are for
>> theWXGA displays. Mine is a 1600x1200 display which I think is a WXGA.
>> So I ordered one CCFL randomly chosen from one of the sellers with
>> good rating. I hope things work out well. In case you or anyone has a
>> better idea of these issues, here is the link to exact CCFL I bought-
>>

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D150320923226&ru=3Dh=
ttp%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nk=
w%3D%2B150320923226%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1