[ltp] X200 ... opinions

Daniel Willmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:54:15 +0100

--Sig_/+Kjtl_49hB89s719uzOT54o

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:32:59 +0100
Volker Krueger <vok@cvmi.aau.dk> wrote:

> X200 and X200s come with both common LCDs and with LED lit LCDs.

Be aware that the models with the high (1440x900) resolution (which to
my knowledge are the only ones sporting an LED backlight) do not have
the WWAN option.

I researched quite a bit before buying my X200s and judging from the
drawings in the hardware maintenance manual the reason is that the
different display takes up more space which makes it impossible to add
WWAN antennas in the top of the display (additionally to the Wifi and
UWB ones).

Everything else is there and connected, though, i.e. the SIM slot
works. I settled on buying an X200s with high resolution and purchasing
the Ericsson F3507g modem seperately, using one of the three Wifi
antennas for it.
Works pretty good. Much better than my previous solution with X40 +
Option PCMCIA card.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann