[ltp] Re: OT: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:52:33 +0100

Just a quick impression from this years CEBIT exhibition in Hannover

- ASUS will stop shipping its eepc with Linux. Looks like Microsoft put a
lot of pressure on them - more guys with MS-badge standing around the eepc
than ASUS-employees. That means for me: Good-bye ASUS!

- MSI...I only found one location in the reseller hall (which I couldnt
enter). Saw too late that they were in a second location as well.

- Dell ...didnt show any netbooks on their stand in hall 4

So...looks like the mini 9 is still the favorite.

Ta,
Axel