[ltp] screen remains black after standby on the X40

Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:29:48 -0300

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Volker Krueger wrote:
> Another observation I had with my X40 was that suddenly I was able to
> darken the screen much further than before by pressing the illumination
> intensity buttons. Actually the illumination of the screen seemed to
> have made a jump to very dark. While I thought that the screen had died
> again, I quickly pressed the #brighter# button, and one button press of
> the "brighterrr" button was sufficient to but it back to the lowest
> normal level which I was used to.
>
> That is not normal either, is it?
> Does it give a clue of what is happening?

It might, but we have to be careful.

So, first question: you do know that the X40 has two brightness ramps, one
which is active while on AC, and the other, much darker, which becomes
active while on battery, right?   Are you sure what you were looking at was
a third brightness ramp, even darker than the usual "darker" ramp?

Did the system let you go back to that way-too-dark level by pressing the
less-bright button?

  Henrique Holschuh