[ltp] a few long questions with potentially short answers

Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:59:48 +0100

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 06:15:41 +0100, André Wyrwa wrote:
> Hei,
>
> i finally found the time recently to round up the gentoo installation on
> my T61p a bit. There are a few open questions...
>
> 1. bluetooth toggling:
> I'm using kernel 2.6.27, still...question is...what is at this moment
> the supposed/best way to tie bluetooth activation/deactivation to fn-f5?
> acpid event/action script or should i wait for 2.6.28 and use hal input?
> Will it work without any extra work when using hal input or do i still
> need a script? Sorry, i know it has been discussed a lot, i'm not asking
> for any details, i just got confused as to what is the way to go and i
> have not touched the whole hal input layer thingy, yet.

My Fn-F5 key combination causes a key scancode 243 in xev. So I just
added this to my ~/.Xmodmap:

keycode 243 = XF86Xfer

Now you could bind a command to the XF86Xfer key in your window manager
and execute a script which does 'echo disable >
/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth'.  This requires root permissions, so you have
to add this script to your
/etc/sudoers. Somewhat ugly, but should work.

I'm open for suggestions how to achieve this in a better way.

Regards,
Tino