[ltp] Battery discharge during hibernation

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:07:02 +0200

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 22:55:47 +0100
Michael Karcher <karcher@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 09.03.2009, 23:22 +0200 schrieb Anton Katsarov:
> > >  Battery charge is also not exact and heat/load can
> > > affect measurements. On my mp it can turn on at 12% and after 5 minutes it goes
> > > up to 70%
> > I've tested it with halt and when halting there is no change in the
> > battery charge. Only when hibernating.
> Is Wake-On-LAN only active with hibernate, and not with soft-off?
>
> Regards,
>   Michael Karcher

What hibernation method are you using? It's probably using hibernate mode
(forgot the correct name, mode 4) instead of a full off. Two things you can
test, one is whether there are any lights on and two, try connecting a lan cable and
see if the sync lights turn on differently when off or hibernating)