[ltp] how to reduce the power consumption of the X200?

Fabian Henze linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:54:44 +0100

Am Mittwoch 11 M=E4rz 2009 12:11:52 schrieb Volker Krueger:
> There, they reduce the power consumption by also fiddling with the CPU
> voltage, which sounds totally crazy...
> Can that seriously be done? What are the dangers?
> Who has done it?

There is nothing crazy about that. As long as you just lower the voltage yo=
u=20
can't damage the hardware. However if you lower it too much your system mig=
ht=20
(or will) crash.
Sadly linux-phc is not working on my Thinkpad R61 (Core2 T7300, I can set=20
voltages to 0 0 0 0 and nothing happens, any ideas?), but I am using it on =
two=20
Pentium M norebooks I have here and the results are impressive :)

=2D- Fabian