[ltp] hotplugging VGA monitor to T61

DVD linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:08:00 +0200

--0016e6de0029c33f8c0464d93bf2

And there is a GUI for xrandr - grandr.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:50 AM, nescivi <nescivi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hiho,
> >
> > Is there any solution so that I can just hotplug a VGA monitor to my T61,
> the
> > moment I need it?
> > Right now, I find myself having to boot up with a monitor/projector
> connected,
> > which is sometimes inconvenient (especially at conferences, where setup
> time
> > is short).
> >
> > Is there any way to get the T61 to recognise that something has been
> > connected?
> >
> > I'm on Debian unstable.
>
> you should be able to enable/disable video outputs on the fly with
> xrandr.  The radeon and intel drivers support xrandr; not sure about
> nvidia.
>
> Alex
> --

--0016e6de0029c33f8c0464d93bf2

n Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Alex Deucher <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:alexdeucher@gmail.com">alexdeucher@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div class=3D"im"=
>On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:50 AM, nescivi &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nescivi@gma=
il.com">nescivi@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>

&gt; Hiho,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Is there any solution so that I can just hotplug a VGA monitor to my T=
61, the<br>
&gt; moment I need it?<br>
&gt; Right now, I find myself having to boot up with a monitor/projector co=
nnected,<br>
&gt; which is sometimes inconvenient (especially at conferences, where setu=
p time<br>
&gt; is short).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Is there any way to get the T61 to recognise that something has been<b=
r>
&gt; connected?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m on Debian unstable.<br>

xrandr. =C2=A0The radeon and intel drivers support xrandr; not sure about<b=
r>
nvidia.<br>
Alex<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>