[ltp] X200 ... opinions

Daniel Willmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:19:44 +0100

--Sig_/r1CIUh2ybmwaPaOLTrfL2i_

Hi,

sorry for the delay, I only read this list now and then.

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 08:16:31 +0100
Volker Krueger <vok@cvmi.aau.dk> wrote:

> Hej Daniel,
>=20
> this is actually a pretty good idea!!!
>=20
> Did it work on the fly? Or did you have to do any tricks? E.g. getting
> the WWAN mode connected to the WLAN antennas?

No, installing the modem and connecting the antenna just worked. They
both have matching connectors.

One tricky thing was getting the BIOS to realise that the card was
installed. You will need to change some settings in the BIOS that make
it reinitialise/rescan for hardware or something. For me turning the
TPM chip on and off again did the trick. If the BIOS thinks your WWAN
card isn't there it won't offer the functions to turn it on/off in the
DSDT and thinkpad_acpi will not offer the files to control power so you
wont be able to turn it on.
After I got that working everything worked out fine.
One thing to note is that you won't be able to use the GPS built into
the modem since it will uses the AUX antenna for that.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann