[ltp] xorg.conf and direct rendering on a T61

Daniel Castro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:00:53 +0000

--0016364d24470f8b660465d13d06

Hi All!

I am troubleshooting a problem I have on my computer and I thought someone
here might be able to help.
To see exactly what my problem is and what I've done look at:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+question/64975

If you have a T61 and your "lspci | grep -i vga" command shows:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
then I have the following questions for you:
1. What's the output if you run: glxinfo | grep direct
2. Could you give me your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to compare it with mine?
3. Have you successfully run googleearth or any other application that
relies on direct rendering?

I appreciate any help people can give.

Cheers!

--
________________________

Daniel Castro, M.Sc.
+353 083-318-2058
dancasmo@gmail.com
castromd@tcd.ie
________________________

--0016364d24470f8b660465d13d06

Hi All!<br><br>I am troubleshooting a problem I have on my computer and I t=
hought someone here might be able to help.<br>To see exactly what my proble=
m is and what I&#39;ve done look at: <a href=3D"https://answers.launchpad.n=
et/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+question/64975">https://answers.launchpad.net/ubu=
ntu/+source/compiz/+question/64975</a><br>
s:<br>00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL9=
60 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)<br>then I have the following que=
stions for you:<br>
1. What&#39;s the output if you run: glxinfo | grep direct<br>2. Could you =
give me your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to compare it with mine?<br>3. Have yo=
u successfully run googleearth or any other application that relies on dire=
ct rendering?<br>
-318-2058<br><a href=3D"mailto:dancasmo@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">dancas=
mo@gmail.com</a><br>