[ltp] IBM thinkpad users, please test 0.22-20090318-BETA

Dominik Stadler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:59:53 +0100

Hi,

the patch seems to work well on a Lenovo Thinkpad T500 with Ubuntu 8.10 and a custom Kernel 2.6.27-11 plus some other patches (Ubuntu patchset plus hdaps patch). The patch did not apply cleanly, as far as I remember for thinkpad_acpi.c, it did not remove because of conflicts, but compilation went fine and everything seems to work.

The things that bug me (most likely not related to the kernel part anyway, but who knows):
* the display stays dimmed after resume, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/module-init-tools/+bug/322610, workaround available and in place as described in the bug
* the up/down buttons somehow keep going up or down once even if I press the other one. I.e. the following happens [UP] - brighter, [UP] - brighter, now if I press [DOWN] it goes brighter once and only on the second press it goes dimmer. I looked at the output in /sys/devices/virtual/backlight/acpi_video0/actual_brightness, there it looks to use the correct levels. Also "acpid -d" seems to indicate correct up/down calls to the brightness scripts, not sure at which layer this happens.
* acpid needs to be restarted manually once after booting because of https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/module-init-tools/+bug/230110, but that is probably a pure Ubuntu thing...

Thanks... Dominik.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------