[ltp] hdaps module does not load on 2.6.29

Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:35:00 -0300

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Marcus Better wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> >> After upgrading from kernel 2.6.28.8 to 2.6.29, the hdaps module refuses to
> >> load on my Thinkpad T61:
>
> > Try the tp_smapi version of hdaps...
>
> That one loaded fine, withouth force_io.
>
> Now what, off to file a bug report against the kernel?

If you need force_io to run the driver, it is a BIOS bug.  The answer should
be "update your BIOS", especially since we have no reason to believe an
update is not going to be available soon as the T400 has been fixed
already...

That said, you're much better off using the tp_smapi HDAPS IMHO... that's
the one I use as well :)

  Henrique Holschuh