[ltp] WPA Card for TP600 type 2645

Sebastian Anding linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:07:36 +0200

Hi List,

I'm using the old Thinkpad TP 600 a lot. It is currently running debian.
A few weeks ago i tried to replace my old Orinoco Gold 11 MBit WLAN Card
supporting WEP with an MSI 54 MBit WLAN Card which should support WPA2
Encryption. But while inserting the MSI Card to the Cardbus Slot the log
only showed that there was an Card inserted, but neither a card type nor
an error was reported.
So my questions to those of you using such an old device are:
Are there any Cardbus or PCMCIA Cards which are supporting WPA2 and
running with such an old Laptop?
Is there any list of supported Cards for WLAN with 54 MBit and WPA2 from
IBM, which is missing in the documentation at thinkwiki.org?
Or last but not least is there any other solution running WPA2 with the
old Orinco Card?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian