[ltp] F10 update smashes ethernet

Fri, 01 May 2009 04:06:33 +0100

Vincent C Jones wrote:
> Classic symptoms of an interface with DHCP configured. Periodically, the
> daemon will notice the IP address is wrong and go out and lease a
> "correct" one for the interface, wiping out whatever you manually
> configured. ps aux | grep dhcp
>
> Someone else will have to tell you how to correctly configure the
> networking in F10 to use a "static" IP rather than DHCP.
>
> Good luck and good hunting!

I think you might extend this  further to check for any sort of network
management daemon:

    ps aux | grep -iE 'dhcp|pump|network|manage'

Also, take a look for 'eth0'  in the output of dmesg, also in
/var/log/messages (and possibly elsewhere in /var/log)

If that doesn't work, a rather brute force approach may help:

  grep -inr '192.168.1.122' /etc /var/log

Regards,

Richard