[ltp] F10 update smashes ethernet

Vincent C Jones linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:38:28 -0400

Classic symptoms of an interface with DHCP configured. Periodically, the
daemon will notice the IP address is wrong and go out and lease a
"correct" one for the interface, wiping out whatever you manually
configured. ps aux | grep dhcp

Someone else will have to tell you how to correctly configure the
networking in F10 to use a "static" IP rather than DHCP.

Good luck and good hunting!

--
Vincent C Jones
Networking Unlimited, Inc