[ltp] LED screen died again...

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 May 2009 09:16:03 +0200

Hi Helen,

at the moment there are no silly questions !! :-)

To answer your question: the screen is definitely not sleeping in the
normal sense.
A) I am using my thinkpad very often, and I usually have no problem in
recognizing when the screen sleeps.
B) the screen is running fine, except for the illumination: One can
faintly see the letters and windows on the screen
C) I tried out to re-animate the screen with different xset commans, but
no success this way.

But in any case: these are all OS (Ubuntu in my case) related functions,
and iff my problems are due to them, then everyone else using ubuntu
should observe that, too.

Furthermore, if my screen would just be sleeping, I should at least see
bios messages on the screen during boot-up, I think.

best,
Volker