[ltp] Re: LED screen died again...

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 May 2009 09:49:19 +0200

Volker Krueger <vok@cvmi.aau.dk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> now it has happened for the 4th time!! My led screen on my X200s died aga=
in.

> I would like to get some input from the guys with a technical
> background: The repair center has replaced the motherboard and the
> screen by now. Still, the screen breaks.

I have no idea how the backlight is built, but there must be some
constant-current logic driving the LEDs.  If this is faulty, it could
kill the LEDs.  I guess it's possible that the LED driver is separate
from both the screen and motherboard, and therefore not replaced yet.

Another idea: Could it be just some problem with the backlight
adjustment?  I hope you did try Fn+Home before replacing the screen :-)

Bjørn