[ltp] LED screen died again...

Stephan Groß linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 May 2009 10:10:25 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009 09:58:24 schrieb Volker Krueger:

> that's the thing: I can't! It was bought through the university, which,
> here in DK, is treated like a company, which means that I have almost no
> legal way to enforce anything except the next-day support I had also
> bought. Essentially, they can continue repairing it until the support time
> runs out...

I have a similar problem with my X41t which had its mainboard replaced the 4th
time as it fails to boot because of a misterious keyboard error. This laptop
was also bought by my university situated in germany, thus it is treated like
a company notebook. However, as the failure has returned once again, our legal
department will take care now to either get it replaced by Lenovo or get a
refund. This should be possible, at least here in Germany, as the Lenovo
support hotline itself has proposed to do so the last time it got repaired.

I am no lawyer but AFAIK this should be regulated by european laws, so it
could be applied in DK, too.

Regards,
Stephan.