[ltp] Re: IO APIC resources couldn't be allocated

Sun, 17 May 2009 10:25:25 +0800

Thomas Adam <thomas.adam22@gmail.com> writes:

> 2009/5/15  <jidanni@jidanni.org>:
>> Every boot of my Thinkpad r50e with Debian GNU/Linux 2.6.29-2-686 send
>> this apparently harmless message to the screen,
>>
>>  IO APIC resources couldn't be allocated
>
> It is harmless, yes.  If you look on google, there's lots of people in
> your boat.  What is it you're asking though?  It's only printed once
> isn't it?

Yes, but the google cases all were related something worse. But in my
case all it is is just a worrisome message printed once, at boot, making
me feel like I did something wrong, or else it would say "but that's
OK". Or there would be a way to make it go away without having to
install my own kernel instead of Debian stock kernels.