[ltp] You can help! X200 power usage

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 May 2009 00:00:45 +0200

--mYYhpFXgKVw71fwr

Andrew Mason:

> If you have an X200 or an X200s (only) please contribute to this if you c=
an:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bug/380293

I can only say that powertop on my X200 (running recent kernels,
currently 2.6.30-rc7) reports even more wakeups from tick_sched_timer.
Minimum is ~50 per second, maximum values I observed are over 400
wakeups per second (wifi in use, typing, trackpoint usage).

Battery lifetime isn't too bad, though. I get 4-4.5 hours of real usage
on my 6-cell battery. But I think ought to be better.

J.
--=20
I am getting worse rather than better.
[Agree]   [Disagree]