[ltp] x30[0-1] UXA with KMS

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 May 2009 22:33:49 +0200

--rmUrFcWP4LYae1gV

axp:
>=20
> anyone successfully using KMS+UXA on an X30[0-1] or x200[s]?

I don't use it regularly, but last time I tried it (using some 2.6.30-rc
kernel on Debian unstable) kernel mode setting and using UXA at the same
time generally worked. I just couldn't switch to VTs anymore, that's why
I didn't switch to KMS permanently. (More specifically, switching VTs
appeared to work, it's just that the screen didn't get updated and
always showed X.)

I just tried it again using 2.6.30-rc7 and the problem persists. And I
had to disable some non-existent displays in xorg.conf. Apparently,
HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 (which are usually mis-reported) are named DVI1 and
DVI2 when using KMS.

J.
--=20
I often play sports / do exercise.