[ltp] thinkpad_acpi: WARNING: sysfs attribute hotkey_enable is deprecated and will be removed. Hotkey reporting is always enabled

Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:03:33 -0200

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009, Chris Penn wrote:
> Just installed Karmic on my t61p, and I keep getting crash warnings.

A kernel warning is _not_ a crash warning.  Ubuntu's tool is being a bit of
a fear monger here.  A real crash warning causes a lot more ruckus,
including a real "oops" dump from the kernel.   If you want to see one, do
this:

echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey

(no, it won't cause any damage to the system, but it will issue a real
crash-warning warning).

OTOH, at least I know the users will notice right away if thinkpad-acpi
outputs one of the thermal alarms, which are also kernel warnings.

  Henrique Holschuh