[ltp] Still having problem with thinkpad-acpi's BEEP and kernel > 2.6.30

Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:01:06 -0200

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009, kionez wrote:
> #include <Arian Kuschki.h>   // created 31/10/2009 15:25
>  > Haven't been following this thread so I am not sure what you mean, but
> > on my t42 when I pull the power cord out it beeps.
> > a ~$ uname -r
> > 2.6.31-ARCH
>
> oh, interesting... In this thread I can't figure if is mine problem or
> is an alsa issue.. but if your "firmware beeps" works fine, well.. i
> suppose that's something wrong in my config... ;)

It is ALSA, and it is related to HDA audio, and not AC97 audio.  So you
should pay attention to success/failure reports only from ThinkPads with HDA
audio.  The T42 is AC97.

I believe we tracked it down to ALSA switching the HDA mixer+codec to
"digital beeps" or whatever, which is incompatible with the signal path used
by the firmware.

  Henrique Holschuh