[ltp] [CALL FOR TESTING] users of hda-intel, thinkpad-acpi and kernel > 2.6.30

Kevin Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 07:34:39 -0700

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 11:03 +0100, kionez wrote:
> I would like to collect some test in order to report them to alsa-devel
> mailing list.

Thanks for taking the time to gather this info.  I'm sure the ALSA
crew will appreciate having some idea of the impact this change
has/will have.

> Try to generate simply three beeps with thinkpad-acpi:
>
> # echo 2 > /proc/acpi/ibm/beep

No beeps.

> Try to detach power chord, in order to produce the two firmware beeps
> that notify the switch from powerline to battery.

No beeps.

> Please report here the results of two test ( do you ear beeps? :P ) ,
> the distribution you're using and kernel version ( $ uname -a ).

Conducting this test on a T60p (2613-ESU), results observed on
2.6.31, 2.6.31.3, 2.6.31.5 kernels (and several 2.6.30, but I don't
recall exact versions) from kernel.org without any sound-related
patches applied, using Debian testing.

Kevin