[ltp] [CALL FOR TESTING] users of hda-intel, thinkpad-acpi and kernel > 2.6.30

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:03:37 -0600

kionez wrote:
> - you have an hda-itel soundcard (according to thinkwiki these chips are
>  installed into R/T/X/Z 60 [2] and R/T/X/Z 61 [3] )
> - the laptop is running on AC power (and not on battery power)
> - thinkpad-acpi is correctly loaded into kernel
> - alsa mixer and volumes are set correctly (i.e.: Beep is not mute)
>
> then, the first test:
>
> Try to generate simply three beeps with thinkpad-acpi:
>
> # echo 2 > /proc/acpi/ibm/beep
>
> Try to detach power chord, in order to produce the two firmware beeps
> that notify the switch from powerline to battery.
>
> Please report here the results of two test ( do you ear beeps? :P ) ,
> the distribution you're using and kernel version ( $ uname -a ).

I get a beep beep, beep, with a slight pause between beeps 2 and 3, and I get the normal ThinkPad BE-doop when removing the power supply.

Same results for two different distributions:
Fedora 12 Snap 3 LiveCD, kernel: 2.6.31-23.f12.i686
Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop 32-bit LiveCD, kernel: 2.6.31-14.generic

Machine is a ThinkPad T60 with a Core Duo CPU. Model 2623-D7U.

Chris