[ltp] Debian, T61, and bluetooth

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 00:44:26 -0800

I have used Ubuntu x86_64 for a long time. When I got my T61 a couple
years ago I tried other distros, but ended up with Ubuntu again.
Recently I decided to give Debian testing a serious trial.

I bought a new 320 GB Hitachi drive and installed Debian on it as the
only OS. I put the 160 GB drive that came with the T61 into my Ultrabay
adapter so I could move data and configs from my old Ubuntu
installation.

So far everything is working OK except bluetooth devices. I have a
mouse, headphones, and cell phone. All worked in Ubuntu, but I can't
get any of them paired in Debian. From the command line "hhcitool dev"
finds the T61's bluetooth adapter, but finds no other devices, even
when they are in pairing mode.

I have queried on the Debian forums and on the Debian user e-list, but
after two days no responses. In desperation I ask here. Does anyone
have bluetooth devices working on Debian testing?