[ltp] keyboard, and mouse not activated (?)

Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:48:18 -0200

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009, philippe.preux@free.fr wrote:
>   - the most embarassing one is that sometimes (maybe once every 10 boots, or
> so, sometimes 3, 4, or 5 times in a row), when X is launched, neither the
> keyboard, nor the mouse can be used (I mean either those on the laptop, or

Udev/HAL problems, most likely.  X now wants them for input devices.

>     - the laptop checks the filesystems whether on batteries or not. Before
> that, when on batteries, it was never checking the FS's.

Yes, we fixed the über-stupid, insanely callous behaviour of doing more
damage to filesystems just because the user was booting on battery (skipping
a filesystem check on ext2/3/4 after a crash can be deadly to your data).
This is not a theory, we got reports of dataloss.

If you don't want stray fsck's, configure the filesystem to not request them
in the first place, and it will fsck only after an unclean shutdown.
tune2fs can change/disable the fsck-after-n-mounts for you on ext2/3/4.

>     - it does not hibernate any longer when I close the lid.

Userspace problem, I don't know where.

>     - acpi does not seem to work as well as it used to...

That's bad, and we'd need far more precise reports about what broke...

  Henrique Holschuh